I’m big on goal setting. As many of you, who read this blog regularly, are well aware of by now. I make goals every month for both my personal life and my business. Those goals are nothing compared to the goals I make just a few times a year. Every few months. I evaluate where I am in life and in work. I ask myself a few questions that I’ll share with you in a minute. With the things that are right where I’d like to be then I make sure to evaluate why they are going well and do what I can to maintain those habits. If there are things that I’d like to change then I make goals to work towards. These goals are usually BIG. I’m talking seemingly impossible and often just out of reach. But, I’ve found that you can never meet a goal if you don’t set it.
Last year, all of my giant goals were met! This year, I’m setting ’em even higher and walking into the year with confidence that things will be even better this year than last! I want to continue making forward motion in my life and goal setting has been my chosen method.
Here are the questions that I ask myself every few months.
1. Are you happy? If so why, if not, why not?
2. Is your current life and work guiding you towards where you’d like to be in 5 years?
3. 10 years?
4. Is there anything in your life that you are neglecting? Why are you putting it off?
5. Anything you feel neglected by? Why?
6. Are you content? Why or why not?
7. Do you feel good physically?
8. Are you depending on anything or anyone?
9. What is the most important thing in your life right now?
10. What is the one thing you want for your life and work that can’t be put off to later?
This is just a stepping stone for you to ask your own questions. What I want to share is the importance of checking in with ourselves regularly. Make sure you’re happy. That you are moving in a direction that works for you.
This week I do believe I’ll be sitting myself in a cozy coffee shop or a nice bar and answering this tough questions!
Do you have anything like this that you do? I’d love to hear about it!
with love and goals,